We have listed the electrical engineering entrance criteria below:
- The student must be at least 16 years of age at the time of starting the N1 Electrical Engineering diploma. If the student requires a bridging course, these can be started earlier at the age of 15.
- Depending on the study college chosen, the student will need to have a pass in grade 9, 10 or 11. Please click here for more details pertaining to the grades that must be passed by specific colleges.
- The student must have a minimum pass mark in Maths and Science before being accepted by the college. Please click here for more details pertaining to the subject pass mark requirements of specific colleges.
- The student must have the ability to read and write in English. Some colleges wont insist on English but in our experience, not having English will set the student up for failure.
- Some colleges are a mix of onsite and distance learning. The student will be required to submit electronic assignments so a computer with Internet access is a must have.
- If you don't meet the grade or subject requirements, take a bridging course. These courses allow you to meet the colleges entrance criteria for the N1 in electrical engineering.